Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In the First 3 Days...

We found a new product we fell completely in love with; Cesar Millan's Natural Odor and Stain Remover.
Why did we love this? Because it really cleans DIARRHEA out of carpets and wipes out any scent of it!! Oh Yeah... for 3 days our new puppy had the nastiest diarrhea. Not to mention that the breeder hadn't house trained him at all! She had said that it was way too cold outside to have the puppies going to the bathroom outside (he was born Jan. 23 and it was now mid April) - so they were all using newspaper as a potty  :(  We made every effort to nip that in the bud immediately. Every chance we had, we took him outside and he was successful with it at times. But I can't even remember how many accidents we cleaned up, and the pee spots on the carpets. It was very frustrating and every time I had to break out Cesar's spray I mumbled obscenities directed towards Hazel.
We kept the puppy in a crate in our bedroom and on the second night I woke up to his barking and whining so I let him out of the crate and before I even had a chance to get him out of our carpeted bedroom, he started squatting and squirting instantly. Then after I thought he was done, he ran a few steps away and squatted again directly over Steve's sneakers!! OH NO!! I couldn't get there quick enough to pull the sneakers out from under him, so the squirts went on and inside Steve's sneakers... it was disgusting. And I was so impressed with how Steve responded. He didn't get angry, he was patient and compassionate towards this creature that had no 'shut-off valve' that night. We must've cleaned up at least 8 different crap spots that night, including inside his crate. I'm not sure who I felt sorrier for, him or us??

No comments:

Post a Comment