Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm Famous!!

Well... at least I'm known within my community... Honestly? It's more like I'm recognized... Zeus is really quite an awesome creature. He's very tall, very white and his blue eyes really stand out when you look at him. So, once you've seen him, you never forget what he looks like and he's easy to recognize when you see him again, even if it's from a distance.
Last night, I took him for our typical walk/run. It's only about a 25 minute walk (if we don't do any running). We got onto St. Paul Blvd. and after about a minute, a female jogger came towards us, she took off her Ipod ear buds and stopped jogging to say "I see you walking your dog ALL the time... He's SO beautiful!" And I politely thanked her as I held him by the leash and the collar so that he didn't try to get too close to her. Although she thinks he's beautiful, she may not want him to approach her since his large stature can be frightening when his face is only inches from your own... We smiled at each other and then kept going in our opposite directions. Zeus and I jogged down a few streets - not being able to actually see what we look like running side-by-side, I can only imagine how interesting and comical we may look together - me practically sprinting and Zeus just trotting along, as if to humor my pace...
As we got to the end of our run, we are about 6 houses away from our home and a man on a bike comes around a corner from a side street and he shouts out "Hey, Zeus!" Now remember, Zeus can't hear him, so he didn't bother to look at the biker, but I looked at him and smiled saying "Hello"... and I thought to myself... 'I have no idea who that guy is - yet he knows my dog??'
One time about 6 months ago, I went into Breuggers to get lunch and I went through the line ordering and waiting to pay. When I finally got to the register, the manager (who was cashing people out that day) said "How's your puppy?? Is he getting any bigger?" I looked at him and said "you know my dog?" and he replied "Oh yeah, I see you walking him on St. Paul. You can't miss him!"
So this is now my identity... I'm Zeus' Human  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment