Thursday, September 30, 2010

Zeus in the Rain

The words Zeus and Rain do NOT go well together... I know most dogs don't like rain, but I have to wonder if Zeus is different than most dogs. He can't stand water! Of course, he loves to drink water out of his bowl, but anything else is like putting Superman and Kryptonite together! Puddles? Forget it! He won't walk puddles. He'll walk around them or jump over them - every time!
With the weather being as rainy as it has been today, I'm reminded of how difficult it is to take Zeus outside when it's a rainy day. Just an hour ago, I take him out against his will, he walks around about 20 paces, squats to pee (yeah, he still squats) and then bounces right back up ready to trot to the door and call it a day. 'Uh uh, Buster, there's still some REAL business to be done'. So I give him the sign for bathroom, which he knows well, and we forge on to another area for him to 'lay some tracks'. He must've realize I was serious so he quickly gets in to his tripod stance, shakes like he's having an epileptic seizure and sure enough, out comes the real deal! Success :)  As he guides me/pulls me back to the house, I notice that he glances back at me right before we get to the section of the sidewalk where most of it is covered with a long puddle, leaving only about 8" for someone to walk on. Being the gentleman that he is, he walks around the puddle and into the grass so that the leash is actually straddling the puddle while I walk on the 'dry' sidewalk. Is he smart or what?? I thought that was very considerate of him... considering that the other times we've walked in the rain he's had no qualms about walking on the sidewalk and leaving wet grass for me to walk on... He's growing up, my Baby...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment